Things Every Recruiter Must Know
If you’re contemplating to start a career or transform a career in the recruiting and staffing industry; the first basic requirement or skill that will come in your mind is that you must be well-versed in recruiting skills.
But in spite of recruiting skills, every recruiter should be conversant with some tricks to hunt professionals perfectly. Recruiting professionals need to realize that in order to keep themselves updated with today’s talented workforce, change is the necessity.
Here are some tips, on which recruiters and hiring managers need to be aware of both prior to and during the searching process of the top candidates:
1. Fluent to use Social Media: Social media is a very powerful tool in which recruiters must be proficient in to hunt professionals for their job openings. Today, social media is an emerging platform that is used to hunt every 2nd professional. Most prevalent social media sites used for social recruiting are LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
2. A recruiter is a salesman: A recruiter must act as a good salesman because the major job responsibility is to sell a job to the consultant. Selling and negotiation skills are the major skills that recruiters can’t snub. You can browse https://www.alltherecruiters.com/ to know more about recruiters.
Image Source: Google
3. Become a Talent Magnet: A recruiter should be exquisite to catch talent instantly for job requirements. It’s not about searching consultants for your requirements only; also maintain a connection with them for future opportunities.
4. Determine the priority of jobs needed to fill: A recruiter should be aware of the urgency of the job requirements because putting efforts on outdated requirements may lead to waste of time as another staffing agency might have already submitted consultants for the same and possibly recruiter may lose important future requirements from clients.
5. Be prepared for last minute changes in the interview schedule: A recruiter should be quick in making and accepting decisions. If any changes in the interview are made, then recruiter should inform the same to the consultant affirmatively.
6. Must be a confident and good player: Success always leads to more of it, so learn how to build on it. If you sound confident, then you must be tenured. And if you’re tenured, you must be successful. A recruiter should be a good player because he needs to generate leads. Confidence makes you a good player.
7. Perform multi-tasking: A recruiter must know how to perform multi-tasking. He must do proper planning before performing any task associated with him. Just as an example, if a recruiter has got five things to do at once, then it’s impossible to tackle any of them without a plan. Prioritize the task list. It will help to set time to do tasks with proper management and without any hindrance.
8. Know the team management and tools: Recruiters should be proficient to use all recruiting tools at an advanced level. It is the skill that will make the hiring process easier. In spite of expensive recruiting tools, today there are lots of online tools available that can be used for free of cost to get closer to the perfect search for their projects.
9. Assurance of follow-up: Recruiters must stay organized and systematic about communicating with candidates even after the interview is over. It is required to make the lead hot and for tracking updates if the candidate is getting any other job offer or not.